The HP ProBook line of business laptops was released in April 2009, aiming to be a lower cost to HP's EliteBook lineup.

Why is my laptop not coming on when I remove the battery? Need help!

I have a HP Probook 6550b, and was looking to get some thinks off of it but It would flash a orange light on the lightining bolt part where it shows if it’s charging or not. So I purchased a new battery, I inserted it in and it turned on. I removed it to adjust it and then it went back to not coming on and flashing the orange light. I noticed when it came on and my charger was in it, it wasn’t charging. So i wonder if it’s the charger not working or if it’s something else.

Most Helpful Answer

Hp laptop Blinking amber AC adapter/Battery light to quote HP

● “Blinking Amber: Indicates a battery that is the only available power source has reached a low battery level. When the battery reaches a critical battery level, the battery light begins blinking rapidly.

Amber: The computer is connected to external power/charger and the battery is charged from 0 to 90 percent.

White: The computer is connected to external power supply/charger and the battery is charged from 90 to 99 percent.”

Simple to test. Take out battery and just plug in charger. Any lights? Does laptop turn on? No? Then replace charger.

Evan Andrews will be eternally grateful.