0

ichigo
1

iPhone 3GS water damage black screen

Hello Everybody :), my girlfriend drop my iphone in water and i take out instantly but i wasn't fast enough, i dried very well, but the screen is black, you can see whats is the screen and everything work, but you cant see it, pretty much dark, here is the question, if i replace the LCD it will be back to normal again? or i leave it as is. This is my second time water damage, the first case i couldn't hear anything, music, calls, everything was dead, but in 2 days it came back to normal the phone.

Guys please some help here, my iphone its black screen because the water and i want to know what i can do to fix it, since i dont have enough money to buy a new one.

thanks in advance :)

Edited by: mayer ( )

3

ichigo, the first thing that I would suggest is that you follow this guide. It was written for the 3G but is the same principal as the 3GS. Once you got it accomplished, re-evaluate the damage. It will also prevent corrosion down the line. If you do not clean your phone now, you may end up with damage in a couple of weeks. Anyhow, once you did that see what happens. Since your screen remains black, my gut feeling would be that it is short cicuited. You will most likely have to replace it. Not a terrible job to do and not really to expensive. Here is the how-to and the part is available at places like this. I prefer the whole assembly since it causes a whole lot less headache and is far more convenient. Of course if you prefer the LCD by itself is available here. For a good quality item, I suggest this place. Hope this helps, good luck.

iPhone 3GS Display

LCD panel / Does not include touch portion of display or the metal backing plate. — 16 available at 34.95 each.

2

christinakling
25

what if mine is the same, second time water damage, but its perfect except the screen is reeeeeally dark, I can see everything but it hard, I thought maybe I could fix it in the setting but changing the brightness didnt affect it at all?? how could i fix that??

if replacing the screen doesn't solve your problem, you should open the phone and clean everything with isopropyl alcohol, and then take a look at the 6R8 coil..top left of your motherboard. Sometimes it's ok but the circuitry to the screen is damaged in some way and you will need to jump a wire to the pin on the LCD connector. Otherwise it could be the pin is corroded (can be fixed with the clean) or the 6R8 is shorted. Google backlight fix/repair and take a look at the youtube guides..it's possibly not a job for everyone to tackle. A good phone repair shop would be able to fix this for you or check out ebay ads for people who offer backlight repairs.

pollytintop,

thank you so much!

christinakling,