Released September 20, Apple's largest and most expensive 2019 smartphone features a 6.5" OLED display, a triple-lens camera system, and greatly improved battery life. Successor to the iPhone XS Max.

Help please. What is this part called? I’m stuck on a repair

Hi, I’m trying to replace a iPhone 11 Pro Max charge port and there is this square piece of board that looks like it’s attached to the flex of the charge port.

the new charge port flex doesn’t have this piece of board with it. How do you transfer it over? Can you buy this piece of port separately? What does the board do on the flex? Thanks everyone

It looks like a connector bus or something. I’m a little surprised the new one doesn’t have it. At any rate, make sure you’re using a premium port and not an aftermarket one. The X and above will only work with a premium or OEM one. So if you inspect the small circuitry on the new port next to the old one and they don’t match, odds are you have an aftermarket port and will experience bootlooping issues. If need be, order a premium port from Mobile Sentrix.

Matty will be eternally grateful.