0

edennow007
1

3 blinks and no connect

When I connect my iPod to the computer, it blinks 3 times and then stops. It does not show up in iTunes or Windows Explorer. So I cannot do work (add song, delete song) on the iPod.

1

rishabhsharma67
13

Did I saw this right or what? But the guy above said that the iPod shuffle doesn't show up on iTunes and windows explorer..I;e.computer hard disks window. So how can you reset some drive if it doesn't even show on PC. I've got the same problem have iPod shuffle 2nd gen 1 gb been acting since last month . First it stopped charging through wall charger then I tried PC it charged fine for a week bt later..whenever I tried connecting it to mah PC it blinks orange light 2or 3 times that's it ..no more charging or anything..there is no charging n no visibility. I'hv tried installing latest itunes , moving to different USB ports(high powered port) , rebooting PC ,resetting (turning off for 10 sec then turning on) ,.

I'hv been through enough forums, YouTube n reviews . My suggestion: try it on a different computer , if the problem persists take it to yr nearest apple service centre they'll help u. N if u got lucky n found the solution . Please be kind to share it with us.

Tnx in advance.

Tim.

rishabhsharma67, yup, that is what the "the guy above said". You do realize that you tried to answer a question that is 2 1/2 years old. BTW, you also checked the link on my answer above. So you see, there is/was software out, at least 2 1/2 years ago, that may work for it.

I think its the docking station that is faulty, will take it to apple then tell. Yes , i saw yr link its reset utility tool is 2 1/2 yrs old correct. I tried this tool few years back but its useless now. But my shuffle is almost 8 yrs old , bought it in high skool n I'm having this problem since last month . I don't wanna trash it. Speaking on behalf of the users having the same problem.

rishabhsharma67,

0

edennow007, try to reset it. Make sure you have your library backed up. Follow the instructions on here and see if it works. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1238?viewl...