iPod Shuffle

Comprehensive guides for common repairs on every model of iPod Shuffle. Most repairs on these devices are difficult and require prying against adhesive.

3 blinks and no connect

When I connect my iPod to the computer, it blinks 3 times and then stops. It does not show up in iTunes or Windows Explorer. So I cannot do work (add song, delete song) on the iPod.

Most Helpful Answer

Did I saw this right or what? But the guy above said that the iPod shuffle doesn't show up on iTunes and windows explorer..I;e.computer hard disks window. So how can you reset some drive if it doesn't even show on PC. I've got the same problem have iPod shuffle 2nd gen 1 gb been acting since last month . First it stopped charging through wall charger then I tried PC it charged fine for a week bt later..whenever I tried connecting it to mah PC it blinks orange light 2or 3 times that's it ..no more charging or anything..there is no charging n no visibility. I'hv tried installing latest itunes , moving to different USB ports(high powered port) , rebooting PC ,resetting (turning off for 10 sec then turning on) ,.

I'hv been through enough forums, YouTube n reviews . My suggestion: try it on a different computer , if the problem persists take it to yr nearest apple service centre they'll help u. N if u got lucky n found the solution . Please be kind to share it with us.

Tnx in advance.

rishabhsharma67, yup, that is what the "the guy above said". You do realize that you tried to answer a question that is 2 1/2 years old. BTW, you also checked the link on my answer above. So you see, there is/was software out, at least 2 1/2 years ago, that may work for it.

by oldturkey03

I think its the docking station that is faulty, will take it to apple then tell. Yes , i saw yr link its reset utility tool is 2 1/2 yrs old correct. I tried this tool few years back but its useless now. But my shuffle is almost 8 yrs old , bought it in high skool n I'm having this problem since last month . I don't wanna trash it. Speaking on behalf of the users having the same problem.

by rishabhsharma67

edennow007, try to reset it. Make sure you have your library backed up. Follow the instructions on here and see if it works. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1238?viewl...

edennow007 will be eternally grateful.