Acer Aspire One ZG5

2008 netbook; Model ZG5 AOA150-1691; 8.5" screen; 1.6 GHz N270 Intel Atom Processor

Question Closed

How to change user password without logging on?

ive been locked out of my laptop and i cant get into my user account due to changed password without my consent. my question is how do you change the user password? without logging on to user account

that's happening to me too!

by Ruby

if it is running windows xp then when it is bootting up keep pressins f8 then it will come up with a screen with a few options choose safe mode then just agree with everything it does and it will make a new profile called administra then log in on that. the profile will look like the old windows then just go on to control panel > accounts > (your account) > remove password > then shut down and this will take it out of safe mode and delete the account that was made in the prosses hope this helps (it may work on other softwares but im not sure i do know it works on the windows xp software)

For Acer computer as it reboots press alt and f10 at the same time and it will go back to factor setting, fortunately mine was fairly new with not that much on it so no worries there, it worked but all the apps and file are lost.

by msaxon9205

how about for loptop?

by buratillio ponget

Will I lose my pictures on the hard drive?

by kellyreise

If you lost windows password, you can go into safe mode (F8 when booting up) to recover windows password, but you forgot administrator password, that way doesn't work. you must use software to recover administrator password. This method is very easy.

where would one get the windows XP softwear?

by Amanda Clopton

If you don't have an administrator account password or a password reset disk, the best way for you to reset Windows password is to get a Windows password recovery tool, such as PCUnlocker. It allows you to create a password reset disk CD/DVD and remove lost password with the CD/DVD in 3 simple steps.

Step 1: Burn a bootable CD/DVD with the program.

Step 2: Boot your locked computer from CD/DVD.

Step 3: Reset lost Windows password with the burned CD/DVD.

Also you can have a try with the freeware Ophcrack from: http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/

I think to change user password without logging on, there is a tool called 'SmartKey Windows Password Recovery' 6.0. You can use it to recover or remove your Windows login password, no matter in any Windows OS.