iPhone 4

Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

No Service when sim inserted

Hi everyone , i bought a used iPhone 4, he told me it's factory unlocked , anyway when i insert the sim card it says no service at the top instead of the signal bars . is there a way to fix this ?

clean the sim card and try again, try a different sim card, also check with phone company that imei is not blocked?

Hi , i took it to a cell shop to check it out , he told me that someone played with the reception in it on the board and it can't be fixed, but i wont give up and leave my iPhone an iPod .. and my imei is not blocked i alrdy checked that , any other suggestions ? i know your a pro and i hope u can help me out bro thanks . Regards.

by Bahij

is he having a laugh? I think the best thing to do here is take it to another shop for a second opinion or open it yourself to see if there is any damage. Look at the sim slot/tray http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone-4-... step 13..you can see the gold prongs that the sim contacts onto, make sure they are straight, not flattened, dirty etc. At the bottom is a fine gold wire that moves when the sim inserts. You also need to take a look at the antenna connection from dock to logicboard...it may be this he is saying is damaged. A good phone repair shop/electronics shop should be able to fix that if they have the right tools. It's hard to accept that a phone otherwise working is beyond repair unless he has shown you the damage...

by pollytintop

Hello , i am thinking of taking it to another cell shop , i don't want to open it myself , but do you think it can be fixed? i really would like it to be fixed since this is my second iPhone 4 , my first one was bricked cause of water damage and now it turned into an iPod :S

by Bahij

try a sim turbo,it costs around $2-$5 only then try to search on the net hot to open it,it works but it's a lomg process.it's not a factory unlocked phone.

Hmm i guess the cell shop tried the gevey sim , but its worth a try .

by Bahij

Bahij will be eternally grateful.