The first model of iPhone, Model A1203 with 4, 8, or 16 GB capacity and an aluminum back. Repair requires a significant amount of prying, and may require some soldering.

My battery folded during lcd repair.. is this?

My battery was pretty stuck and got folded and dented during the process of removing it. I have bent it back in shape but will it still work?

I also damaged my home button flex because of the battery I thought nothing was beneath it. So I want to know if I need to order both or if it is normal for a Li on battery to be "moldable"

Lithium batteries should not be bent, folded, spindled, mutilated, manipulated, shape shifted, or used in any process that involves changing the case's shape. The insides of these batteries are lined with metal plates (I forget what material specifically) that can separate, break and otherwise be damaged. Plates that aren't supposed to touch can also come in contact in cases of extreme deformation.

Will the battery still work? It may or may not, only way to know is to measure voltage or try it. Just be careful! There is a fire hazard with severely damaged lithium batteries, just youtube "lithium battery explosion"...but of course those are extreme cases and go long past the point of noticing "hrmmm, something wrong here".

The flex cable replacement depends on the severity of damage. Did you cut through any of the traces? Is this cable also severely "molded" to the point where it may have broken the traces?

My PERSONAL suggestion would be to just grab both if you can. It will save you time and frustration later! Good luck.

I will be replacing both also that ribbon is replaceable but ill do that at my univercity with beter equipment. I dont know why but that battery was pretty hard to get out...

One word...GLUE! :]

If you cut through the ribbon beneath the battery the game is over. That's part of the logic board.

If that is the case I suggest taking the rest apart for practice so the next time you know its secrets :-)

rens will be eternally grateful.