Samsung Galaxy S 4G Repair

The Samsung Galaxy S 4G is an Android 2.2-powered smartphone with a 4-inch AMOLED touchscreen display and 1 GHz processor.

How do I factory reset my galaxy s

how do i reset my galaxy s

Most Helpful Answer

Back up all necessary data on the internal memory.

If the handset is locked, frozen, or unresponsive, you can hard reset it using the hardware keys instead of the menu.

A hard reset restores the original factory settings and erases content, including downloaded ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. This feature allows for resetting of sound profiles, display settings, and phone or memory card settings.

To perform a hard reset using the hardware keys, follow these steps:

Save any open files, and back up all necessary data on the internal memory if the device is responsive and can synchronize files. See: Prepare for a master reset and back up data on Android

Turn off the phone.

Note: If the phone is unresponsive and does not turn off, remove the battery and then re-insert it.

Hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power keys simultaneously.

When the Samsung log appears, continue to hold the keys until the master reset menu appears.

Press the Volume Down key to select Delete all user data when the Android master reset menu appears.

Press the Power key to confirm your selection.

Press the Volume Down key to select Yes – delete all user data.

Press the Power key to select reboot system now.

DOC-14065

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-240...

this trik dont erase

by pc patel

pc patel, not sure what you are looking for. Are you saying it does not work for you? It would be better for you if you ask your own question. Use this link to ask http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/Ask/Samsun... and give as much detail as possible.

by oldturkey03

but did not erase memory

by pc patel

Hi edwinpena. so the speaker doesn't work on my SGS4G. no ringtone, no music, no speakerphone when on a call, no audio at all even though volume is on max! only works when i plug in headset. is factory reseting suppose to help make it work? because it didn't help. i lost my speaker when i paired bluetooth with someone else's phone. i tried taking out the battery and everything how do i get speaker audio back please?

by matasusha

not working \u fool people here

by adebayo abiola

Settings > Privacy > Reset to Factory Settings

I found this blog about samsung galaxy data is very usefull, maybe you can found your answers here.

http://samsung-data-recovery.blogspot.co...

Im on the menu screen and i scrolled down to "wipe data/factory reset" and I pressed the power button and it wont do anything except stay on that same screen and nothing happens. I pulled the battery and tried turning it on and its goes back to that screen.

press the home key

by tmhtpo

If Up+Home button doesn't work, try Up+Down + Power that wwaa the only way it worked for me*

CHeck out the link to remove pattern lock without data loss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6chCLS1...

You have to press the home button and not the power button to select wipe data/factory reset. That's what I did with mine just now. Hope this helps. I hadn't used the phone in over three years and couldn't remember my passlock or my google info.

Ok so I tried doing it and it didn't reset I had the same exact problem as u

by alexis west

i just did this to a verizon galaxy S and had to do vol up+vol down+ power and then release power button only when logo comes up, then I had to use the touch screen buttons at the bottom, the one with an arrow pointing upward, to confirm my selection to factory reset. Slightly confusing but it worked.

Hi ..i tried a wrong pattern many times..so my phone is locked now ..doing this procedure will delete stuff like images from my phone ?!!...if yes how can i solve that ?!

Power bottom dose not work and my Samsung galaxy 4g must up

I did the up down and power key the Samsung logo appears and that's it what else can I do to reset factory settings I forgot password and Google account haven't use this phone for about 4 years help please

I tried and it works : ClockWorkMod Recovery Samsung Galaxy S 7, IN short : Vol UP + Home + Power On Galaxy S7.

So you've gone and knackered your brand new Samsung Galaxy S 7 handset. Well done.

Fear not though, all is not lost and you can revert the device to how it was when you first switched it on – providing you didn't drop it in the toilet.

First – Read this:

Please note that all data will be deleted from the Samsung Galaxy S II as a result of this procedure. This process may or may not delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.

Go to this : How To Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 - Hard Reset or Soft Reset

What do I do when I am on the phone it bonuses to different screen as

Tim will be eternally grateful.