Released November 2020, the PS5 console features vastly upgraded visuals and an innovative new Dualsense controller. The space-age black-and-white color scheme is a noticeable departure from PlayStation designs of the past.

My ps5 trips my breaker in every room

So when I turn on my ps5 it will come on and run fine till I start play any game I.e. call of duty it will load up get to the start screen and just trip the breaker. It will work at random times and sometimes won’t even let me play it can go for as long as 5 hrs to as short as 1 minute before it trips there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it and I’ve never had any problem in this room till now but now the ps4 pro I’ve been storing is doing the same thing but the constant is call of duty and PlayStation. Please can anyone help. I’ve had an electrician come and he said it’s pretty sure not the wiring

Same issue here, it’s driving me nuts. I have a series x and it has never done this once.

Most Helpful Answer

Hello, when you launch a high demanding resources game, the CPU and GPU will run on low power during startup and loading screen but when the game starts, they switch to full power mode very quickly and breakers doesn’t like that very much especially in countries with 120V.

The CPU and GPU can work at low power depending on the game, that’s why you can play for 5 hours without a problem but sometimes some location in the game needs to be rendered more than others which means the PS5 will consume more power during that and eventually trigging the breaker.

The only solution is to change the breaker and to make sure that the house wiring is rated to handle the right amount of current otherwise you can melt the wires or set your home on fire.

Hunter Barth will be eternally grateful.