A GPS Smartwatch with contactless payments, heart rate monitor, and preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps.

Garmin Vivoactive 3 battery drain

Hi guys, I see that many users complain about fast battery discharge from 100% to 0% in a day or even less. Reportedly the problem appeared after the firmware update 6.2 and with the FW 7.54 it is still there. All sorts of resets and reboots do not solve it. All IQ apps removed. Garmin support can only offer a substitution for a refurbished item fro 99 USD, which does not look like a solution. Any ideas how to help? Thanks.

Hello Dmitry,

As rechargeable batteries age, the maximum amount of charge they can hold decreases.I would recommend to replace the battery . I could not find a battery so I think you will need to yourself

Thank you Javen. I think its not the case as according to the threads at the official Garmin forum numerous users noted rapid decrease from 4-5 days to 12-24 hours right after FW update. Anyway I ordered a new battery from Aliexpress, Could not find anything better for a reasonable price. Thanks a lot.

Dmitry will be eternally grateful.