Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Changed mic/dock, now the phone wont charge

Hello! I was having problems with my microphone (not the speaker mic), I followed a tutorial on this site and changed the mic/dockconnector.

After I put everything back again the mic worked, but now the phone wont charge. I can't see what I did wrong when I put everything together as written in the tutorial.

I used a spare dock/mic connector that came with a white Iphone case if that matters, (I have a black front & back).

The mic/dock for the white Iphone, sort of had a different size(?), so I couldn't put the left screw at the dock back in, if that matters?

Thankful for any help

/ Michael

Have you checked battery connection? Does phone connect to iTunes or work on ac power, but not once you remove? Then it would more likely be battery connection..

No, i had about 20% battery left when i started up the iphone again, it wouldn't synchronize or charge with neither the computers or the ac adapter at all.

Could the battery connection have been the problem?

I put everything back toghether thogh, with the old mic/dock and suddenly everything worked as it should, even the mic.. strange. The mic worked from time to time before aswell, so I think it's only a matter of time before it stops to work!

A new problem is now that my Iphone turns off somethimes, and I need to start it up again

Seems like my poor Iphone has been torn down and put toghether again too many times :P

I've had many docks for iphone 3G that wouldn't charge. It's always possible that you just were unlucky and bought a non working part..send it back. Random crashes may be software or hardware..if it's jailbroken remove apps until it stops. If the phone is more than 1 year and is not holding charge or needing charging more often, might be battery needs to be changed?

noveeen will be eternally grateful.