There are several types of PowerBook G4 Aluminum models.

idea how to added a sata hard drive to a power book!

i was thinkin of getting a (2.5 sata to 2.5 ide adapter) do guys think that it would work,i know space would b a issue but i cross that 1 when am there

2.5 sata to 2.5 ide adapter

I don't believe this is possible because of the space issue you mention. I am including a link to the hard drive replacement and ask you to pay particular attention to step 12. You will notice the drive is connected to the logic board by a short cable that would be out of position even if the adapter didn't short out the logic board. I would suggest staying with the IDE drive. Good luck whatever your decision.

PowerBook G4 Aluminum 15" 1.5-1.67 GHz Hard Drive Replacement

As rj713 said, space would definitely be an issue. However, have you thought of perhaps adding a SSD instead?

Another idea would be to remove the superdrive and replace it with a sata drive. Doing a quick google search came up with MCE's optibay as an option. Theoretically, I would think you could probably also get away with an atapi to sata adapter.

Just my 2 cents. Best of luck!

wooly will be eternally grateful.