Amazon Kindle 10 G091 turns on/off constantly, not possible to reboot
Yesterday evening my Kindle ebook reader (Amazon Kindle 10th Generation, Basic version, first letters of Serial number G091) fell down to the bath for around 5 seconds. I took it out and started drying it. I put it in the vertical position with the socket for charging not covered by anything for the night.
Kindle suddenly turned on around the noon today while lying in the horizontal position. I didn’t press anything. It started rebooting. When the rebooting completed everything seemed fine. I turned my Kindle on and it worked.
But since then I haven’t used it. I thought it is a better idea to wait for a few days and not using it during that time, just in case.
However, it turned on by itself again this evening around 24 hours after it had fallen to the bath yesterday. And here is my problem. It keeps turning on and off all the time with screen and power lights turning on as well. It follows this pattern:
- The green power light shows up for like 3 seconds. During this time the screen light turns on too. The background is a child reading the book under the tree.
- The green power light blinks twice. Then the background of the screen disappears and is blank. The screen light keeps being on.
- The power light turns off for about 1 second. During this time the screen light is still on and the background is blank.
- The orange power light blinks quickly 5 times. During this time the background with a child reading a book under the tree reappears. Around 1 second after that, the screen light turns off.
- For 1 second nothing happens.
These 5 steps take about 9 seconds. They started suddenly and have been looping for the last 2 hours. I tried rebooting the device by pressing the power button for 30, 40, 50, 60 seconds in different positions. Nothing works. I was trying to turn the device on by pressing the power button quickly. Nothing works. I even risked plugging Kindle to charging and computer. No reaction.
I don’t know what to do. I don’t know even if I can do anything apart from waiting when finally the battery will be 0%.
Does anyone have any idea what I could possibly do to help to save my Kindle? Does anyone know what could be possibly happening with my Kindle right now?
Is this a good question?