Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

My iPhone boots to the Apple logo and then turns itself off.

When I press the power button, the Apple logo comes on for 10-15 seconds, and then my phone switches off automatically. Please tell me what has happened to it and how to fix this problem without losing the data in my phone. I'll be grateful. Thanks

when i try and turn my phone on it won't turn on so when i go to put my phone on charge it comes up with the apple logo and stays there for about 10 seconds then switches off and does the same thing over and over again, and I've just had the battery of my phone fixed about 1 month ago. I've tried to connect it to iTunes but it switches off by itself when its halfway through updating the software. i have no idea what to do. can anyone help with this without restoring my whole iphone. ?

its an iPhone 4s by the way

i need help because I'm literally about to throw it at something

If the phone doesn't boot up from the apple logo u will not be able to connect to I-tunes. I replace the battery in a friends Iphone 5c that did the same thing The new battery resolved the issue and costs $6-$8 bucks on e-bay.

well idk if i have the same probalem but when i turnt uit on it just shows apple logo for 3-4 seconds then turns right back off idk, maybe i jailbroke my phone

hai ask ta ko if whats your solution sa problem regarding sa apple na logo only but d na sya mo on,I have same issue man gud,thanks

First, I would try plugging it into your computer and trying to connect to iTunes. Then install the newest software update and allow it to update your phone. If this doesn't help, you will need to restore it. Try to backup your information to your computer first, using iTunes, then choose the restore option. Be careful as restoring will wipe your data, so you should back it up, first, if possible.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Thanks a lot jake. I really appreciate it & i hope it helps.

it dosent even get to connect to itunes

how will i install the newewst software update when the iPhone isn't even working?

how can i connect my iphone to itunes if the itunes icon is red .?????

If you get the apple logo when charging but the phone doesn't boot up u will not be able to connect to I tunes or do anything with the phone.. I know from past experience trying to get into DFU mode, in ths state doesn't work either.. I fixed this issue for a friend with a i-phone 5C by replacing the battery, problem solved.. New battery on e-bay was $6-$8 dollars.. Hope this helps.

Most Helpful Answer

You are probably going to need to Restore the iPhone Firmware. But first, connect the iPhone with Wall Charger for 20 minutes or so. It may restart itself and be fine, if so done. If nothing, then, keep on Wall Charger, and Reset, hold both Home and Power Buttons until the iPhone begins to restart. If it does and is fine then done. If nothing, with iTunes open connect iPhone to your computer. Hold both Home and Power Buttons until the iPhone is detected in Recovery Mode, usually takes about 20 seconds. Restore the Firmware with iTunes. If this does not work try DFU Mode Restore, with iTunes open and iPhone connected to computer, hold both Home and Power buttons for exactly 10 seconds, then release Power button, keep holding Home button until iTunes recognizes iPhone in Recovery Mode, about 10-20 seconds more time. If the iPhone screen is black, blank and iTunes says Recovery Mode, then this is actually DFU Mode. Restore the Firmware.

well i plugged it in my computer and it din't even connect me to itunes. The same thing happened when i plugged in (the apple came for like 10 seconds & the phone switched off itself)

I wonder whats the problem with it.

I actually updated an application from installous. When i was trying to open the updated version, my phone got stuck at the very moment. I switched it off by holding the power button and snce then my phone is behaving like this.

Hmmm, just to check, try holding the top and bottom buttons down at the same time until an Apple logo appears and let me know if that helps.

okay i've tried this just right now. Like doing so the apple logo is appearing for 5 seconds only this time and then again the phone gets off :(

hai miss sana,ask ta ko if na okie na imo phone coz i have same problem as you now,

hold home button for 3 seconds

then, while holding the home button, press and hold power button for 10 seconds

release home button but continue to hold power button until phone turns on.

worked for me, hope it helps

this sequence seems to be working for me so far, thank you! wish me luck

OK EVERYONE I HAVE THE SOLUTION.... I did what this guy suggested mixed with other suggestions...

I held down the home button for 3 seconds, then held the power button for about 10-15 seconds (whilst still holding the home button). I then let go of the power button and held the home button till my computer made a noise...

I then installed itunes and it acknowledged my iphone (on safety mode or something). It is now restoring and updating (the only options I was given)

Please note that when doing the initial sequence, my iphone would show an apple logo for about 3 seconds when on charge, then go black.

I held down the home button when the logo appeared. When I held the power button, the phone screen went black as usual.

That one worked. Updating/restoring through iTunes now.

thank you so much!!!!!!

What DR93 suggested worked for me too

is battery charged ? make sure you have power in your phone . turn off the phone wait for 5 min and try to turn on . than tere are two option -

you can update the software of your phone or reset the phone or you can

please connect the computer with i phone and install itunes in computer if you don't have already

try updating the phone . than restart the computer and if it did not fix the problem try reset the phone before you do that take back up of your phone . follow guide how to Reset iPhone to factory settings and take backup and see if this takes you to solve the issue

With your iPhone plugged into iTunes, hold down the Home button for 3 seconds, then hold down the power and Home buttons for 10-15 seconds, let go of the power button and keep holding the Home button. Your computer will come up with a message saying your device is in Recovery mode. Now click Restore iPhone and download the software. Then, you should be good to go!

Hope this helps,

Mike James

Apple Support

note: recovery mode will wipe your iphone so back up first

Hi! My iPhone 6plus had this same issue and I did follow your advice already and was able to backup my phone before hand so now my phone is back to normal. However after restoring, it's happening again. When I lock my phone, it turns on and off, showing the apple logo for 3-5 seconds and then shutting off again. Sometimes when I try to force restart my phone, then it turns off again. I noticed that the problem doesn't occur when I leave my phone unlocked. Only when it's locked.

I actually dropped my phone last Sunday and it's Wednesday now, the problem started last night. Could this be in connection to the issue? Thanks!

i did succeed with turn off the phone and then connect to iTunes, iPhone will turns on automatically when it connect to the computer, keep holding the home button along the time once u see the apple logo, iTunes will ask to restore to the factory setting. keep holding the home button until the restoration progress end. At the end, when the restore and update processing finish, iPhone is alive.

Hope fully this works I plugged it in my laptop clicked restore on ITunes I kept my thumb pressing the home button and it started to show the charging symbol then I unplugged it and it showed the symbol as it needs charging so now it's charging ✌fingers crossed it works

This info helped me also, thank you!

i did that and then when i turned it off it did it again and the computer thing wont work now

OMG thanks this seems to be working for me

I had the same problem, i just had to replace my battery and that fixed the problem, no software issue, just plain and simple battery replacement. it's not hard to change the battery yourself

You have to connect your charger to your macbook or pc then press and hold the home button and power button to initiate recovery mode after you press recovery mode then fixed.

BUT BEWARE ALL YOUR DATA WILL BE WIPED AND YOU HAVE TO RESTART THE PHONE LIKE NEW HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR PHONE THANKS.

:):):):):):):)

If you still have this problem try replacing the speaker/charger port. I had the same issue & replaced this part and the phone worked fine.

Good luck

I had the same issue with two iPhones. One of them had fallen into a pool. I changed the charge port/speaker box in both phones and it resolved the issue. Speaker box is cheep, $3-4 dollars on e-bay.

Good luck,

Ted

Tried this, didn't work. Looking at the battery connector on the logic board, it looks like it might have been damaged in the process.

I had the same problem so I called apple. No need to do anything other than try a different charger! Worked like a charm

Ok so I have had this problem and fixed it so don't panic guys! First connect it to your computer (Don't worry if nothing happens). Next hold down the Home button for 3 seconds. Then hold down the power button and home button for 10 - 15 seconds and a screen appeared on my device. Itunes should be saying: "This device is not working properly would you like to repair?". I recommend restoring it because it can save alot of this happening again! If you have any further questions contact me bellow.

im restoring my iphone 5s now..quite worried because its show on and off now even during update... T_T

Hi Thomas,

In my Iphone 4, iphone logo is flushing again and again till battery power remains. i have followed your mentioned suggestions, but still same issue. i have checked with iphone service center, they have told hardware issue might be. Can you help me regarding this.

so my iPhone 7 screen cracked and when being repaired the home button got disconnected. so is there anyway to solve the problem of the reappearing apple icon without a functioning home button?

Hi Guys, I need your help as well. I have iPhone 6, while doing latest update it got stuck on iTunes loop and when I tried to update/restore the device it showed me 3 hours download. I let iTunes download it (while my device connected to iTunes) but it got interrupted after 35-40 minutes every time due to my device startup and wanted me to start the whole process again that I did several times but couldn't make it. Then I browsed around the youtube and tried iREB for a restore but it made things worse and now when I try to switch it on or connect it with the wall charger or computer my device comes up with the apple logo for 2-3 seconds and then goes back to black and doesn't even connect to iTunes. I have tried all the above methods but didn't work for me. Any suggestions???

i have the same problem

i am using iphone 4

i have the same problem but i am worried of loosing data

why do you have a iphone 4 in 2016

Its 2017 and i have one

I turned off my phone cause it was not doing right, and when I went to turn it on the logo popped up and then after a few seconds it disappears. I really need help, I dont know what to do. (I have a iPhone 5s)

Please help with my iPhone 6. It fell into the pool and after flushing out the liquid it would get into recovery via iPhone care cos home button ain't working but I couldn't update the firmware due to bad internet... later when I had good network, phone is stuck at Apple logo when charged and goes off when cord is removed. I read somewhere I should leave it in the wall charger for about an hour, now It flashes apple logo and goes black but u can see the backlight is still on... power button long press only restarts the process. Pls help, home button is bad and iTunes not recognizing device

Even the motherboard has the problem ur phone ill not work more than apple logo.If your phone does not work after ios update then its a software issue. Could even affect your hardware.

Guys never update your IOS without getting the feedback...this ill bring ur iphone to avery tragedy situation...

Sometimes, the battery of your phone can be too hot, so I put my phone in the freezer (frequently checking on it) until it got cold. Then, I waited a few seconds and plugged it in my charger. It worked like a charm!

Hi Thomas,I switched off my phone when the battery was less than 5% and I connected it to a wall socket only for me to put it on after about an hour and all I got was the logo cropping up for about 3seconds and go off again and again and again,after two days I connected my charger and it came up that I even received a call n played game but anytime I click on any application then it goes off and back up as usual like forever ,as of now it can't go beyond the Apple logo and when I ignore I will just see some small small messages on the left corner of the phone.pls help is an iphone 6plus.

What appears now on d screen is a long line with itunes written on top.

I have tried everything you guys have written here, but noon worked for me, am so confused please i need help

i was having a problem like my phone wouldn't charge seemed like it needed a hard reset yet i have no working home button there's ways of doing this like resetting network settings to force a software reset but can only do that if you can get it turned on i took my sim card out that was able to get me to get some kinda charge into it i ended up in some kinda loop like you guys got to 4% then if i left it it wouldn't charge so when it got to 4% n turned on i took it straight off charge for some reason being connected while doing it just messed it all up n it would turn off go to Settings then reset then reset network setting let it do what its gotta do then put it on charge it seemed to then charge hope this helps

hello ,

i have an iphone 5s with ios 9.0.2 installed , yesterday i updated some apps via itools , after that , i could use the phone for the next 1h , after that shut it up .

now i am trying to boot the phone up , but after the logo appears for a few seconds, sometimes longer , doesn't boot up but goes dark again .

I can also mention that i can put the phone in recovery mode to restore it but i am trying not to lose the data .

i ordered a new akku . do you guys have any suggestions ?

thank you !

Hi Tihi,

Is your phone already in Recovery mode? If not then plug your phone into iTunes and back it up. If it is in Recovery mode, then you will have no choice but to restore it.

Hope this helps,

Mike James

Apple Support

thanks for your helps guys , i could update software (don't know how really but worked) and now my iphone is running ok on ios 10.3.2 .

thanks again

Hi i'm having a similar problem with my iphone 4s. But my phone stucks to apple logo for about 3min 20secs and the black screen appears (when i try to switch it on clicking the lock button or when it is connected to charge). I tried to restore it by connecting to my laptop(restoring or recovery mode or DFU mode) but my laptop wont read it. I also tried the app "Tornashare ReiBoot" but nothing worked. Can anybody help me??

Sana will be eternally grateful.