Originally known as "The New iMac" the iMac G4 was created to replace the iMac G3 as Apple's all-in-one desktop computer. The G4 is easily recognizable by its swiveling monitor mounted above the hemispherical computer. Steve Jobs quoted it as being "a design that will last till the next decade."

question mark on start up

Hi

Plz help

A flashing question mark appears when i start my iMac G4 15" when i insert installer CD its run and my hard drive is 0.00 Volume, I try partition and Format its not working.

Plz tell me how to fix.

Thank You

Thanks for starting a new question. As you have guessed, your machine cannot find an valid operating system. You did right in trying to repair it and then format it but it appears to be non-resurectable. Time for a new one. Your machine uses an IDE/ ATA or PATA drive not the current SATA drives. Here's a guide, while it may not be exact for your machine, will probably help you replace it with little problems. Remember to replace the thermal paste while you are in her: iMac G4 17" Model M9168LLA Hard Drive Replacement

Namgyal Nyima will be eternally grateful.