5th generation of Toyota's modern full-size sedan.

75 Questions View all

Replacement of stabiliser arm rubbers

How do I replace my stabiliser rubbers at the back.

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1


Can you change bushings on the rear camber arm bar on a 1996 Camry? Or do you have to purchase an entire camber arm bar to get the new bushing?


Add a comment

1 Answer

Most Helpful Answer

I suggest you remove the tires and jack your vehicle up, or you could do it on a ramp. As long as both rear wheels are lifted the same amount, there will be no load load on the sway bar. Remove the two bolts holding the bracket in place. Remove the bracket, remove the old bushing and install the new bushing. They are split bushings and should be relative easy to remove. Remember that there are two different size stabilizer/sway bars. Make sure you measure yours so that you can get the right size. You will probably also need some WD40 or similar to remove the old bolts. Most of the time they are rusted and a bit of a PITA to remove. Replace those bolts as well, will safe you a lot of headache after. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

Add your answer

willem will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 598