1

bbayer001
13

Full disassembly, so I could mod my MBP case

Hey guys,

does anyone know how hard it is to fully disassemble all parts from the unibody case? I am asking because I want to try to anodize the case in a nicer color than grey ;)

Anyone who tried that already? Are there maybe glued parts which cannot easily be assembled back?

Thanks for help!

Sebastian

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , bbayer001 ( )

Can we get photos when you are done?

040304,

2

mactech plus

It is not hard but it is tedious. You must have a properly grounded static pad and do not get too aggressive it taking it apart because some of the cable ends are easy to break. When you get ready to treat the metal make sure you cover the black lining inside the case with tape. And as the track pad stays in the machine, be careful to tape it all off both sides. Also this will most likely void any warranty the machine may have. Be careful and take your time and it is not too bad. (FOR THE RECORD: I do not think this is a good thing to do as you could ruin the computer but it is yours to do as you wish)

nice answer +

mayer,

0

rab777hp

Well here's the teardown, you can take a look at what you're comfortable doing. However I don't know how good it is for the computer to anodize it another color.