Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

How should the power button be placed in iPhone 4?

I have bought a new power button from you, but the guide doesn't clearly show how the button should be placed in order to get it to click. I have seen an answer Exact details on putting power button back into place? where it is suggested to place the button up-side-down compared to the picture in your guide. Somewhat confusing. Now my iPhone is all over the place and I can't get it to click.

Now I have the new cable too. Still no luck on getting this to work. No clicking despite new button and new cable. No answer after 2 weeks - great support!

So now I got it to work. What I did was to take out the new power button and replace it with the old original one and now it worked. In other words it was the cable and the mechanism under the button that was broken but when the original button was replaced with a new one, the new button becme the problem. Going back to the old button solved it.

Jonas will be eternally grateful.