Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Speaker still not working after replacing Dock connector

I have got an iPhone 3GS here with a external speaker problem.

Headphone connector is clean and the iPhone does not see that some headphone is connector, so that is fine.

I have replaced the dock connector in hope that the speaker will function again, but after replacing it, it is still not working!

I have also restored the iPhone 3GS through iTunes.

What now? I do not see any liquid damage in the iPhone.

The headphone ribbon and dock speaker are 2 separate items. If the headphones dont recognize when you plug some in, then you may have a damaged ribbon. You will need to replace the whole ribbon. It is connected to the volume, mute, and power buttons. As for the dock speaker, check for any damage to the ribbons on the dock connector. Like the brown one going from the black speaker portion of the dock connector to the ribbon (left).

Sean will be eternally grateful.