First generation Bose SoundLink Mini released on July 1, 2013. The device weighs 1.5 pounds and has a Bluetooth range of 30 feet.

Replaced my battery, however, all LED lights are now illuminated

After some quick diagnostics resulting from a battery that would no longer charge (flashing red power LED) when charging adapter connected, I figured the battery was shot and would no longer charge as the voltage was likely below the system threshold.

After installing a new battery ordered from ifixit, all of the LED lights come on. When I plug in the power adapter, the battery does not appear to be charging and ll light remain illuminated until I remove the battery.

@codyandresen have you double checked your work? Everything properly connected? Wiring looks okay etc.?

All work has been checked and properly connected. I'm wondering if this issue is due to a malfunction with a component on the PCB?

Try resetting the speaker with the mute button and see if it fixes the issue:

• Connect the speaker to power
  • Press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds. The LEDs will flash briefly.
  • Press the Power button to turn the speaker back on

If you are still getting the same LEDs illuminated, and can't get the system to power on properly after this reset, it could be a miscommunication between the LEDs and the battery.

I attempted a rest as you describe with the power charger cable attached to the speaker. After holding the Mute button for 10 seconds, the lights flash, the speaker makes an audible noise that the power cable is attached and the the power LED flashes red rapidly.

Any other thoughts or advice based on this diagnostic test?

@codyandresen If the light blinks red in about 90 seconds after battery insertion, then it could be the battery voltage too low.

I have replaced the battery with a new one ordered from iFixit, so this is likely not the case. My original battery was behaving this way, so I ordered the new battery to remedy the problem...

@codyandresen - I have the exact same issue too

All the LEDs are just on. I've done the reset. Yet all that happens when connected is that it goes to the rapid red blinking. When I lift it off the dock or disconnect it - all the LEDs light up again.

i have the same problem replaced battery and the blinking red light is still on

same. wish there was something else I could try.

I'm having the same exact problem. I thought it was the replacement battery and replaced it with another new one! Didn't help. Looks like I'll have to go back to listening to the Anker speaker I picked up. Unfortunately, the sound quality

isn't even close.

I bought some faulty soundlink mini 1s and established all lights on with a charged battery indicates a faulty main PCB.

Investigating my board there doesnt seem to be any obvious shorts or damage so anyone capable of fixing this would have to be capable of doing board level repair.

Cody Andresen will be eternally grateful.