Model A1224 / Mid 2007 and Early 2008 / 2, 2.4, or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Installing new 1tb wd sata hd

Hello all, I'm a Mac veteran since 1984, and ordered the drive from here, but there is no place to plug in the heat sensor!

Using double sided tape, I taped it to the hd, installed, and now using the original os install disks, it will not boot holding the c key, or the option key.

Quite frustrated at this point. I know the installation was done perfectly, does anyone have a clue what I can do?

Put the heat sensor directly on the drive and tape it down with electrical tape or Kapton tape. You don't want the tape acting as an insulator. Set the jumpers on the drive to 1.5 GHz and try it again. It's to fast for your machine. Usually the two closest to the edge of the drive or do a search for Jumper and the name of your drive.

Mayer, excellent tip on the hd jumper!

You need to format it to install OSX

First, find your OS disk or a copy that works and press C with it in the DVD drive at startup

Select english

Find utilities and find disk utility and select your harddrive, find the erase tab and format it

Press Command Q together and click continue, agree to the liscence and select the harddrive you formatted, select customize and choose what you want, you can even choose by clicking arrows on the side of the checkboxes what you want

DO NOT install: printer drivers, languages

You can install if you WANT: X11, rosetta(I never need rosetta ayway, regret installing it)

Click install when done and set it up

Thank you for your answer, but the original OS X disk, never taken out of its wrapper, will not boot, the drive tries, I can hear it, but it fails to load. Secondly, what's anyone's opinion on the heat sensor for this Mac, this website said this was the hd for this computer, is it an issue?

HDD heat sensor, use new double sided tape where it used to be, OSX DVD install, discs or drive may be bad, buy a copy of snow leopard for 30.00 and try that, otherwise, I would say the optical drive is dead, however, you may need a data cable too(easily found on eBay for the optical drive), then consider the optical drive dead if that fails, optical drive is VERY unlikley tough, but plausable

Here is the cable(it's for a G5, but should fit) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-922-7154-1...

You guys are awesome!...I reinstalled the old hd, but no boot, but at least the superdrive would accept the eject keyboard command to eject original osx install disk. Reinstalled new hd, applied sensor with double sided tape, but still no boot from superdrive...must be the problem...just spoke to brother, who admitted he was booting from boot warrior when he got the error message, so we assumed hd error. At this point, want to concede it is the superdrive, oh well, $200 for tripling the hd space, and a new superdrive, is far better than going to the Apple Dealer...should I really try optical cable first? Again, thank you!

Try a new OSX DVD first, then the cable, then optical drive

ksharber will be eternally grateful.