Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Loose mute switch when in mute mode vibrates when touched

The mute button is loose when i put it in silent mode the phone vibrates randomly with only a slight touch is my only option to replace the button or is there another fix

thanks

you'll need to open the iphone to investigate further. It's only a tiny plastic tab.. it may have come out of it's groove or been worn/fractured with time and use. I'd take a look and see whether the screws are loose that hold it in,if that fails then I'd replace the flex +/- the outer button too just to make sure. The guide for headphone/volume/mute and power button is linked under the photo to the right. Good luck it's a PITA job. Otherwise you could wander round with a bit of blutak to keep the button in either mute or ring?

Thanks replaced flex and job done

peter Noel will be eternally grateful.