Repair and disassembly guides and support for dish washing appliances.

Does NOT wash, water goes in, and will drain.

Noticed first that the detergent either simply puffed up or fell into the cutlery tray, but did not dissolve.

Tried GEL next, and all it did was run down the wall on the inside, all after running a complete cycle.

So it appears no water is being sent through the 3 wash arms (that spin)

Water drains out fine.

This is a Maytag Dishwasher Model MDB-3

(MDB-7600AWB)

If your detergent does not dissolve, I am not certain if your washer gets any water. How do you know it is draining water? to further diagnose your problem, I would start the EMPTY dish washer on a normal cycle, wait a few minutes and open door. There should be water on the bottom of the dish washer. If there is, start your washer again let it run for a few SECONDS and open the door to see if the arms are turning. note the location of the spray arm close the door and let is run again for a few SECONDS. Open the door again, the arm should now be in a different position. You may have to do this a few times to make sure your can observe any movement of the arms. Let us know what you find out.

No movement of sprayarms

Sorry William,

i selected "i have the same problem" but, now i can't get to it. i hope others see my post and may have an answer for me.

i have a Kenmore dishwasher model 665.13742.k603.

problem similar to William's issue. my unit fills properly, starts washing, sprays and rotates all arms. but, within a few minutes it runs out of water.

it continues to run without water then fills to rinse. then it is empty again same for the last wash cycle.

i will say per one of the posts here. the water doesn't turn back on once it has filled. i mean it does like right after the pump turns on and gets the water level below the required limit then fills the last bit before the pump turns back on. then when the pump runs it doesn't fill again. so, i think that is working properly.

i have the drain hose running over the top of the dishwasher because the drain is on the other side of the machine. this goes to the 32" loop height requirement.

thanx.

Try unplugging it, wait 30 secs and retry. This work while doing maintenance work

My Kenmore is brand new. Just installed yesterday and has the same problem of not pumping water up to the arms, but will fill and drain. Will unplugging for a few seconds reset anything thT might help?

William, if your dishwasher gets water for sure, there are a few things that could cause your issues. Check your water inlet valve and make sure that it works the way it should. It could be a bad wash impeller inside the pump and motor assembly, as well as a bad pump. It is also possible that the holes of the spray arms, where the water comes out, are blocked. check those for any debris etc. Clean out the spray arms if need. There is great information on this site. I think at this time, proper trouble shooting will be the only way to go. the only other thing that I have to offer is the Service Manual for your Dishwasher right here. Good Luck and let us know how it is going.

+ good sites

Would like to view service manual... would you re-upload the file, thanks.

PLEASE!!! I find it quite shocking that these companies don't have them anymore, but I guess that's they way the sprayer arm rotates... Or something like that...

Water-inlet valve

The water-inlet valve lets water enter the machine. If this valve is defective, you need to completely replace it. It's usually located behind the lower access panel on the left or right side. It's the device with the main water line (usually copper) from the house, a rubber tube to the dishwasher, and two wires attached to it.

Float switch

The float switch is a small electrical switch that's located right below the dishwasher "floor." Above the switch, on the inside of the dishwasher, is a plastic cylinder that floats up as water fills the dishwasher. If this switch is defective, or if the plastic float gets caught or trapped in the raised position, the water can't enter the dishwasher. If the float switch is defective, you need to replace it.

Mine was the motor. It was running intermittently. Sometimes it would run. Sometimes it would take off a cycle. I pulled the motor ran 110 to the motor and it didnt run. tapped it a few times it would run then about a minute later stop. If you are getting 120v to the wires that feed the motor when the motor should be on then you likely have a bad motor.

If water inlet ok then its a wash motor fault you may be lucky and it might just be the wash motor capacitor that's failed

Ian

I am having the exact same issue as Robyn describes above.

Paul

I was able to fix my dishwasher last night. I turned out the drain filter and removed the plastic piece with holes in it (colander-like holes) and found a water bottle cap in the basin. That apparently was blocking the water from being pumped up into the sprayers. It was a very easy fix. Glad that I did some exploration before going out and purchasing a new dishwasher.

After I read Paul fix I went ahead and took the (colander-like holes) off and found a piece of plastic it wasn't a water cap as Paul said but very similar in the basin. Now the dishwasher back to normal. Thanks to all.

No I have a brand new whirlpool it gets water fine. The bottom is full. Drains fine. The arms do not move at all bottom or top. Any suggestions???? About to take this P.O.S. Back and get a different brand

I was hoping to not have to replace the motor assembly on my gold series whirlpool dishwasher. It fills and drains but doesn't clean. The cleaning tab is ejected from the holder but not dissolved. Model # WDT720PADB2.

Mines doing the same thing...Working the float switch seems to get it going (as if when it drops the thing just stops pumping. mine is a gold series too so it was expensive.

I also have a whirlpool dishwasher with the same problem. Water goes in, it clicks and drains a few times and at the ends says it's clean but the soap is still in the bottom. From the looks of all the other people on here seems to be a problem with Whirlpool

Ours if a Frigidaire and has never been a good dishwasher. Now, we are having the same issue.

Well HELLO ROBYNBEENE....... How is your washer

It looks like you need a special screw driver to take it apart . What did you use ?

Glad yours is working

its a torx head screwdriver

==babybela92

Hiya, you know how you can buy a screwdriver and it comes with lots of little bits that you fit onto the end? Well get one of those. I got mine from B&Q, it's a little box called Ptx Universal. 32 pieces in it. If you are attempting to do this, you're probably into other DIY stuff so the extra pieces won't go unused. BUT! Just to be sure, you know that if you press an old bit of blue tack into the screw and get a wee mold take that to B&Q, show them and tell them you want a bit that fits it.

I have a brand new Bosch washer and I had not enough water reaching the arms to spin. My soap was just on the floor of the washer. Luckily under warranty and called the service guy. I was lucky and he let me put the call on warranty though it was somewhat my fault.

Turns out there was an old dishwasher years ago that was uninstalled. The water supply copper pipe was just under the floor but NOT covered. I did lots of reno and flooring and cutting holes etc in the floor. Turns out SAWDUST got into that upturned copper pipe.

I installed the washer to the pipe with a supply line and that sawdust clogged the intake. I was freaking out as this was a new washer and the FIRST wash - nothing was happening.

The service guy blew out the intake and was on his way. $20 tip from me happily.

Same problem second time purchased this in 2013, broke in 2015 now again same problem, it fills does not wash them empties.lights comes on clean dishes are still dirty.

and my dishwasher do the same, she start to fill with water, stop and one light of the POWER just flash doesnt stay on. i hope you to have fixed :)

Had a problem the same as most on here, dishwasher would run, dishes didn't get clean. Called Sears, said it was out of warranty by a week and wanted $99 to come out. Said no, called another company ($69), repair guy just left. Said he worked for Sears for 12 years and that the motor wash in my 13 month old Kenmore was done. He also said that was a very common problem with that model and he cautions people against buying it all the time. Sears essentially told me "oh well" but that they would still be happy to have someone come out for $99 and look at it. Needless to say, I declined their offer and will never buy from them or a Kenmore period ever again. Also, notified my builder so they will reconsider that store and brand in the future. Will be calling Kenmore shortly and if they don't take care of it, I'm on my way to Lowe's for a non-Kenmore dishwasher.

Hi there, we have been TRYING to repair our Magic Chef Dishwasher, CBD1500AWW, for over 2 weeks now. I have been frequenting this site, trying to apply things I learned here to our issue... It all started when we decided to clean the filter... We have had lime scale, or calcium buildup, I DON'T KNOW, in the dishwasher for years, and it had gotten to the point where it interfered with the proper running/cleaning of the dishwasher. We took the spray arms out, undid the various parts, UNBOLTED them is more accurate, and chipped off all of this yucky white hard stuff. It was horrendous. And then we put it all back together and used an additive to help dissolve the rest of the Yucky White stuff, man what a pain!!!! We were so excited!!! We did it!! My mother and I her daughter, did this all by our selves... We ran a very small load as a tester, and I checked the results... I almost cried when I saw the dish detergent all over the cutlery (the cutlery basket is on the door right below the detergent dispenser) and nothing was clean, or even residually moist. We both searched for clues as to why the dish washer was filling with water, and the spray arms weren't spraying... UGH!!!! We took it all apart again, and double checked everything, GOOD LUCK finding a manual for this model! Still nothing... Mom noticed that the spray arm base was wiggling and not seated firmly, and we decided that maybe it needed to be bolted down, and that was it!! It works like a charm now... So, my advice, TAKE PICTURES with your phone at every step when you're removing something, and take notes... That way you don't have to rely on a sometimes faulty memory!! And everything else should be easier to understand!!! I hope this helps others!!

William will be eternally grateful.