Repair and disassembly guides and support for dish washing appliances.

Does NOT wash, water goes in, and will drain.

Noticed first that the detergent either simply puffed up or fell into the cutlery tray, but did not dissolve.

Tried GEL next, and all it did was run down the wall on the inside, all after running a complete cycle.

So it appears no water is being sent through the 3 wash arms (that spin)

Water drains out fine.

This is a Maytag Dishwasher Model MDB-3

(MDB-7600AWB)

If your detergent does not dissolve, I am not certain if your washer gets any water. How do you know it is draining water? to further diagnose your problem, I would start the EMPTY dish washer on a normal cycle, wait a few minutes and open door. There should be water on the bottom of the dish washer. If there is, start your washer again let it run for a few SECONDS and open the door to see if the arms are turning. note the location of the spray arm close the door and let is run again for a few SECONDS. Open the door again, the arm should now be in a different position. You may have to do this a few times to make sure your can observe any movement of the arms. Let us know what you find out.

No movement of sprayarms

Sorry William,

i selected "i have the same problem" but, now i can't get to it. i hope others see my post and may have an answer for me.

i have a Kenmore dishwasher model 665.13742.k603.

problem similar to William's issue. my unit fills properly, starts washing, sprays and rotates all arms. but, within a few minutes it runs out of water.

it continues to run without water then fills to rinse. then it is empty again same for the last wash cycle.

i will say per one of the posts here. the water doesn't turn back on once it has filled. i mean it does like right after the pump turns on and gets the water level below the required limit then fills the last bit before the pump turns back on. then when the pump runs it doesn't fill again. so, i think that is working properly.

i have the drain hose running over the top of the dishwasher because the drain is on the other side of the machine. this goes to the 32" loop height requirement.

thanx.

Try unplugging it, wait 30 secs and retry. This work while doing maintenance work

My Kenmore is brand new. Just installed yesterday and has the same problem of not pumping water up to the arms, but will fill and drain. Will unplugging for a few seconds reset anything thT might help?

William, if your dishwasher gets water for sure, there are a few things that could cause your issues. Check your water inlet valve and make sure that it works the way it should. It could be a bad wash impeller inside the pump and motor assembly, as well as a bad pump. It is also possible that the holes of the spray arms, where the water comes out, are blocked. check those for any debris etc. Clean out the spray arms if need. There is great information on this site. I think at this time, proper trouble shooting will be the only way to go. the only other thing that I have to offer is the Service Manual for your Dishwasher right here. Good Luck and let us know how it is going.

+ good sites

Water-inlet valve

The water-inlet valve lets water enter the machine. If this valve is defective, you need to completely replace it. It's usually located behind the lower access panel on the left or right side. It's the device with the main water line (usually copper) from the house, a rubber tube to the dishwasher, and two wires attached to it.

Float switch

The float switch is a small electrical switch that's located right below the dishwasher "floor." Above the switch, on the inside of the dishwasher, is a plastic cylinder that floats up as water fills the dishwasher. If this switch is defective, or if the plastic float gets caught or trapped in the raised position, the water can't enter the dishwasher. If the float switch is defective, you need to replace it.

If water inlet ok then its a wash motor fault you may be lucky and it might just be the wash motor capacitor that's failed

Ian

I also have a whirlpool dishwasher with the same problem. Water goes in, it clicks and drains a few times and at the ends says it's clean but the soap is still in the bottom. From the looks of all the other people on here seems to be a problem with Whirlpool

Ours if a Frigidaire and has never been a good dishwasher. Now, we are having the same issue.

I am having the exact same issue as Robyn describes above.

Paul

I was able to fix my dishwasher last night. I turned out the drain filter and removed the plastic piece with holes in it (colander-like holes) and found a water bottle cap in the basin. That apparently was blocking the water from being pumped up into the sprayers. It was a very easy fix. Glad that I did some exploration before going out and purchasing a new dishwasher.

It looks like you need a special screw driver to take it apart . What did you use ?

Glad yours is working

William will be eternally grateful.