0

Megan
1

water damage - works but screen is dim (can barely see everything)

Left iphone 3 out on deck during a rain - put it in rice for a couple of days and it finally turned back on and everything works but the screen is dim - Should we try to replace the screen or is there something else we should do first?

2

pollytintop

I'd take a look at this first. you may find that a thorough clean and your LCD works again (probably not but it's worth saving the rest of your phone from worse damage over time)

Beat me to it by two seconds--have to learn to type faster.;) +

rj713,

soz, that's what happens when you get 3 years of typing lessons and a nutter for a teacher!

pollytintop,

0

Scott Head

Your back-light is out which might be fixed by replacing the LCD. It could also be related to the logic board which in that case, you're better off getting a new phone. I would start with trying to replace the LCD.

iPhone 3G Display

iPhone 3G Display

LCD panel / Does not include touch portion of display or the metal backing plate. — 8 available at 29.95 each.