Released September 20, Apple's mainstream 2019 iPhone comes with a 6.1" LCD touchscreen, dual cameras, and six available colors. Successor to the iPhone XR.

Restarts every 3 minutes because of thermalmonitord

Restarts every 3 minutes, Panic-full logs mention "missing sensor(s): Prs0”

Panic full log: https://pastebin.com/MVKxS4h4

This phone has had the screen and housing replaced, people on reddit suggested changing the battery but that didn’t fix it, thinking of changing the lightning port flex cable. any idea about where exactly is the “Prs0“ sensor?

Thank you, any help is greatly appreciated.

The dock flex cable needs to be replaced. The cable must be original!

I have an A1901 iPhone X 256 which had a swollen battery. It was working fine, then I took it to the Apple Store and they screwed it up. They replaced the battery but now the phone only stays on for a few minutes and goes to the white apple logo. It does this repeatedly. I was able to incrementally recover images using a fresh Photos library then importing photos from the connected device 3 minutes at a time. 4000+ images! 24GB! I have not been able to find another suitable conduit utility to retrieve other information. They spend too much time analyzing then the phone times out and restarts. We have no back up otherwise and remembering or resetting every password on the new phone setup is aggravating. Again, other than the battery, there was nothing wrong before Apple broke the device. While Apple is willing to swap phones, we don't want to let the data go until we try everything.

It's a sensor that's on charger port on original called "thermalmoniord" this sensor is not on the generic charger ports that are sold. The "thermalmoniord" when missing the phone counts down 3 minutes then reboots.

The way you can check if it's the sensor it's looking for is look at the error log on the phone or keep locking and unlocking the phone. If the phone doesn't reboot it's because the generic charger port don't have a thermalmoniord sensor on it.

Thanks for that info Albert.

@imicrosoldering You're most welcome.

But this problem is with the genuine apple flex cable that came with this iphone.

previously, I noticed that if I use it for 2 minutes and then keep it locked for a few minutes then the countdown would be reset and the phone would start counting down again, I disassembled the phone to find the problem but then after I reassembled the phone, I noticed that now even after I lock the phone, the countdown doesn’t reset anymore, it will restart the phone even if it’s locked, with the screen off, not sure why

@jawad_ Much like the other iPhone models, updating the apps and iOS on your iPhone often fixes a restart problem. If the problem happens to be with a more recent update, hook up to your iTunes store and restore your iPhone to a previous backup.

@jawad_ get a new one and replace the old one it may be faulty

A very common issue with the iPhone X series and 11, is a tiny bit of water landing on the proximity sensor. This usually causes the phone to reboot all the time.

The proximity sensor is on the flex cable that has the earspeaker attached to it.

Simply disconect it, and leave it disconected for now. Boot the phone and see if the phone still reboots after 3 min. If it does not, then that is probably the issue. Replace the proximity flex cable.

Note: the proxi is part of the faceid circuit and you will loose that functionality, if you replace that part. You can transfer or repair the original proxi if you can micro solder.

If disconecting the proxi did not fix it, disconect everything besides the screen, battery, and power button. Boot the phone and test for bootloop.

If the bootloop is gone, start recconecting parts one by one while testing for bootloop. You will find the part at fault.

If it still bootloops disconect the power button and connect the port instead, and prompt to boot via the port and test again.

If the problem is still there, you have narrowed it down to the motherboard.

I hope this helps

prso is a pressure sensor usually on the charging flex

Hello, can you tell where this sensor/chip located in iPhone x charging port? Is it microphone?

Barometric Pressure Sensor on Port

Just an update to this, replaced charging flex and power flex and both errors gone.

Did you have the missing prs0 and mic0 sensor? Or just the prs0 - I’ve just had the charge flex replaced and it still comes up with the missing prs0

Hi mwr_allen, where you bought both power flex and charging flex? If we use non genuine flexes, will the problem persist?

I have the same panic after 3 minutes and reads both mic2 and Prs0 in log.

will this mean both the power/flash flex and charging port are fried?

Yes, this would indicate that both are fried. Have you replaced the back glass? Or the complete housing? It's been seen that the laser machines cut these flexes, if the stencil is not "perfectly" aligned. However, try replacing the charge flex first and see if the error persists, if so, change power flex :)

Yes the back glass was replaced, when removing the power flex I found the bottom solder points were lifted so re-soldered and replaced but that was before the panic showing both errors.

I had also replaced the charging flex with another genuine flex but potentially this one was also no good so I’ve ordered a couple of replacement genuine charging flex’s and another genuine power flex so will test once arrived and check log again.

I don’t use a laser machine, just remove screen, battery, rear and front cameras and board and a heat gun upside down so I have both hands free to work and usually I use it at around 350 degrees c but with this one I used 400 but I’ve done loads of these in the past and never had this issue but hey ho, you live and learn I suppose.?

Yeah okay - i guess it's just bad luck..:) sometimes s**t happens - and Yeah, we learn every day, glad it's fixed..:)

My son’s iPhone X started rebooting every 3 minutes. It started a few ago. He used it fine the night before and on Wednesday morning he started to use it and it began rebooting. I started investigating it and discovered the thermal messages in the log file. It’s referencing mic 1. I have an appointment at the apple store later today. Apple told me that they believe it was the motherboard and it would be an out of warranty repair. I installed Panic Log Analyzer and it says Possible issues: Charging Port Flex and Power Button Flex

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xfffffff013ff70f4): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from thermalmonitord since load

service returned not alive with context : is_alive_func returned unhealthy : current 73fffffffff, mask 67fffffffff, expected 67fffffffff. SD: 1

BC: 1 Missing sensor(s): mic1

jawad will be eternally grateful.