The MSI GP62MVR 6RF Leopard Pro is a gaming laptop released in 2016. It features a red outline and the MSI logo displayed on the cover. Serial Number: K1610N0067741

white / colored horizontal lines on bottom of laptop screen

my laptop started having horizontal lines on the bottom of the screen. It started small so i didn’t really care about it as it was not affecting me. However after some time it become bigger and is starting affecting my view, the lines which were white now have random colors which is always changing (blue,green,pink) appearing on it. I updated my graphics driver , still didn’t work. help anyone?

Most Helpful Answer

Could be an issue with the display or your GPU may be dying. Does the machine freeze or have issues running games compared to normal operation? If it freezes it’s most likely a GPU issue however if it still continues to operate like normal it’s most likely the display.

it doesnt freeze, works completely fine, just these lines on the bottom of the screen being distracting. if it is a problem with the display, how do i fix it? or should i send it to a repair shop? how much would it cost? ty btw

I'm not sure about the cost but you might be able to do it yourself just look it up. You'll need to replace the screen most likely.

yowaddup will be eternally grateful.