Model A1418 / Late 2013 / 2.7 & 2.9 GHz Core i5 or 3.1 GHz Core i7 Processor

I have knocked a resistor off the board.

Hi i have knocked what i think is a resistor off the back of the board i have managed to solder one of them back on but i’m missing the top one. Does anyone know the value of them so i can see if i can order one and test the one i have soldered back on. Thanks

Most Helpful Answer

I think you really need to find someone who fixies iMac logic boards as your soldering skills need some work ;-{

The component you put back on is not well placed (very close or straddling the other pads) and the solder looks uneven (cold solder joint)

I also see a third component location that may be missing a part as well. More likely you knocked off a capacitor without a schematic and board views to reference its a crapshoot on what’s needed here.

@benrwd I recognize that this is a old question so this is just for completion sake. The only missing component is reference designator C8194 which is a 2.2UF 100V 10% capacitor in a 1206 package.

bengwd will be eternally grateful.