2 in 1 Notebook designed by Samsung for students and business professionals alike.

Can't figure out how to add RAM Notebook 7 Spin NP730QAA

I thought I could add RAM to this notebook. It has 8GB and I was trying to upgrade to 16. Either I was wrong about being able to add it or I’m blind. I took off the back cover, removed the battery, even looked under the motherboard and could not find any RAM sticks to replace. The Samsung user manual is absolutely no help.

Anyone know where the RAM is? Thanks so much.

Most Helpful Answer

According to the specifications for the laptop, it has 8GB of onboard LPDDR3 memory.

Usually onboard means that it is hard mounted i.e. non-removable, onto the motherboard and the memory cannot be upgraded etc. unless there are spare memory slots on the motherboard.

Here’s an image taken from a Samsung Spin 7 SSD upgrade video showing where I think the ram is located on the board. I may be wrong about that as I cannot zoom in too well.

(click on image to enlarge for better viewing)

If your motherboard looks similar check what is printed on the barcode sticker (if there is one) shown in the highlighted box and search online using the information as it may reveal what it is. Just a thought.

Speeder1 will be eternally grateful.