A minor refresh of the Late 2018 MacBook Air, with the same model number (A1932) and EMC number (3184). This model features a True Tone display and a slightly revised battery.

MacBook Pro 2018 not charging because I spilled a wine on it

Hello

I spilled a little wine on my MacBook and it immediately stopped charging although it is working fine. I see notification that says says it has been disabled because a device is using too much power…

I have tried resting the SMC but that didn’t work. And then saw this link that could fix the error but then my Mac is off.

Is there other this I could try since the Mac is now off?

Most Helpful Answer

The notification is telling you. “I am not letting any power into my charging circuit because it has a faulty component in it” This is protecting your Mac. The liquid has obviously damaged a charging circuit component. You will need to source a reputable repairer to replace the faulty component. It is no good going to Apple as they will tell you need to purchase another Mac.

Hi! thanks for your reply. I opened the system and I saw that the connector from the port to the motherboard got burnt. Do you think this is repairable and how much it might cost?

I’d contact The Rossman Group on this one.

https://www.rossmanngroup.com

gideon onwuka will be eternally grateful.