0

Adam Hintz
1k

Need to find part not available at iFixit store

Hello everybody,

I've taken my iMac apart due to the problem described in this answer, and it looks like I need a new part. However, iFixit doesn't sell it (it's a ribbon cable that connects to the audio in and audio out ports).

The local Mac store said they'd fix it for $170, but that they have an agreement with Apple that they have to do the repairs themselves (boo). Does anybody know where I can buy this part? (for clarification, this is an iMac 11,1)

Edited by: Walter Galan ( ) , Adam Hintz ( )

How about clarifying which cable it is?

mayer,

0

Adam Hintz
1k

After a long and frustrating search (using multiple search terms) I have determined that it is part 922-9156, which I just bought on eBay (lightly used) for $7.50 USD.

I'll mark this as the correct answer as I can, but is there a list somewhere of places people can search for obscure cables such as this? It's great when iFixit can help you disassemble your machine, but it's even nicer when you can find the replacement part as easily :)

And maybe that question belongs in meta? I know it's not iFixit's job to get you the right part, but it would be nice to have a good list of part vendors

Adam Hintz,