4-inch iPhone released in March 2016 with similar hardware specifications to the 6s. Available in Silver, Space Grey, Gold, or Rose Gold with 16/64 GB storage options. Model A1662 and A1723.

Phone charges only sometimes

Hi, I have this iPhone SE that charges every time when it’s turned off, but then it does charge only sometimes.

For example - phone is turned off, I plug the charger and it charges until 100%. When I remove the cable and put i back, it charges. When I flip the cable, it does not charge. Then I plug it again (the same way) and it starts charging again.

When I turn the phone on without charger it does not charge at all.

I have tried other battery and system connector, but it is the same. Then Tigris and Tristar chips were replaced, but still the same.

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

First check to make sure there is no lint or dirt stuck in the charge port which is blocking the connection (you’d be surprised how often this happens), then try another cable, its possible the one you have has a burnt out pin or poor connection. If neither of those solve the problem then I would recommend replacing the charge port.

Hope this helps!

I have tried other system connector, but thanks.

Adam Grufík will be eternally grateful.