2008 netbook; Model ZG5 AOA150-1691; 8.5" screen; 1.6 GHz N270 Intel Atom Processor

What hard drives work on this ZG5?

I want to improve my ZG5 storage capacity. It comes with only 8 GB in a flash drive and I want to change it to a regular magnetic hard drive.

¿What references fits well into this little machine?

These machines use a 2.5" SATA hard drive. You can install a SATA SSD or a standard spinning hard drive; both should work without issue.

There is one major problem, though: to install the new drive, you need to take the whole computer apart because there is no access panel for the hard drive like the later models have. The guide can be found here.

It does NOT use 2.5 sata, it uses zif/pata 40pin drive.

I just opened up my ZG5 it only has the SMall SSD8gb with ribbon assy. there must be 2 different versions of same model number out there. I did find that there are 2 SD card slots I picked up 2 128gb on ebay for $22.00 so 256gb is pretty good for this little blue netbook.

If it has the SATA interface and you can find the drive caddy, I'm sure it still has the full size 2.5" SATA slot on the motherboard, since it would make more sense for Acer to leave it unpopulated but solder it on (simplifies factory assembly) or use an interposer board in place of a standard hard drive.

It doesn't make sense for Acer to make two different motherboards in a machine this cheap. If these machines exist, they must be very early variants of the ZG5.

There are at least two different models of your netbook. In one you must disassemble as nick states--the other is easier. I will provide links to videos for both to assist you is your project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFnIVZn3W...

The second one is in Spanish but you can follow the video if you don't speak Spanish. Good luck with your upgrade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vni_6HBpt...

Some of them don't seem to have a %*%# Sata connection inside! What can one do then? I dont want an external solution.

My point as well. There is no SATA connection inside.

If anyone has the solution, please kindly point me to the right direction.

It does not have sata connection. What do you suggest?

You can buy any ZIF/PATA 40pin HDD which is perfectly fit your netbook.

For example, Samsung HS06THB

gonzaloalfredoagudelostephens will be eternally grateful.