2008 netbook; Model ZG5 AOA150-1691; 8.5" screen; 1.6 GHz N270 Intel Atom Processor

What hard drives work on this ZG5?

I want to improve my ZG5 storage capacity. It comes with only 8 GB in a flash drive and I want to change it to a regular magnetic hard drive.

¿What references fits well into this little machine?

These machines typically use a 2.5" hard drive. If you are lucky enough to have one of these, it's not an issue to replace the hard drive. With that being said I've heard the SSD only models don't have the SATA interface; I'd tear these down and make sure if you have one. It's difficult to open since you need to take the motherboard out to access the RAM and SATA hard drive, but it can be done

While 2.5" models can accept a hard drive, the whole system has to come apart. This is not only true for the hard drive, but also the memory. These ZG5's don't have any access panels. The guide to open the laptop can be found here.

It does NOT use 2.5 sata, it uses zif/pata 40pin drive.

I just opened up my ZG5 it only has the SMall SSD8gb with ribbon assy. there must be 2 different versions of same model number out there. I did find that there are 2 SD card slots I picked up 2 128gb on ebay for $22.00 so 256gb is pretty good for this little blue netbook.

Hi, my ZG5 is come with hdd originally, is it possible to change to SSD? Please kindly advise~ thank you.

If it came with a hard drive, it's easy. The ones with the IDE SSD apparently lack a SATA port. If you have one of those the word is that you need a iPod style IDE hard drive or an IDE SSD that goes in a wireless slot like connector.

Hi Nick,

Can you check this if it is IDE SSD that you've mentioned above?

There are at least two different models of your netbook. In one you must disassemble as nick states--the other is easier. I will provide links to videos for both to assist you is your project.

The second one is in Spanish but you can follow the video if you don't speak Spanish. Good luck with your upgrade.

Some of them don't seem to have a %*%# Sata connection inside! What can one do then? I dont want an external solution.

My point as well. There is no SATA connection inside.

If anyone has the solution, please kindly point me to the right direction.

It does not have sata connection. What do you suggest?

You can buy any ZIF/PATA 40pin HDD which is perfectly fit your netbook.

For example, Samsung HS06THB

gonzaloalfredoagudelostephens will be eternally grateful.