Released November 2018 as an edition to the iPad's Pro line. Model A1980.

iPad Pro 11" Not charging after screen replacement

iPad Pro 11" Not charging after screen replacement. I replaced the screen and now the device only pulls around 0.1-0.2 from ammeter. Should I be considering replacing the battery or is there a component on the logic board possibly damaged?

1 Comment:

Update: When I disconnect the battery the ammeter shows the device pulling the proper voltage, the device boot loops, but if I screw or hold down the battery connector while it starts booting with the battery disconnected the device powers on and appears to be charging with the proper voltage but when the screen shuts off the amperage drops and the device dies.

I would have the tristar ic checked. Most repair shops should have a tool to test this. Did you disconnect the battery before you changed the screen? You might want to disconnect the battery for a minute and see if it resets.

Randy Northrup will be eternally grateful.