Model A1238 / 80, 120, or 160 GB hard drive / black or silver metal front

Why I can't format my iPod?

my cousin gave me the ipod classic type..

she didn't give any other thing.. juz the adapter and earpiece.. nothing about the user guide or any manual disc.. now, i can't format the ipod.. all the memory in it is zero.. it showed that free is zero and used also zero.. i don't know what to do..

my cousin is not here now.. i dont know who to ask about this.. i've been search in the internet quiet long.. hope anyone can help..tq..

To format your iPod you will have to start it in Disk Mode. Follow the instructions from here.

The first thing you will need is to plug the USB cable that connects your iPod to a computer and a program like iTunes. Once you have that, plug it in and see if the computer recognizes it and if you can sync with iTunes. Here is a user manualhttp://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPod... I hope this will help, good luck.

cynta will be eternally grateful.