iPhone 4 Repair

Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

iPhone got a little wet with Coca-Cola, iPhone stuck in headphone mode

Earlier today my iphone was screen-down on the table and my friend droped his glass of cocacola on the table so the iphone had a few drops on the back but the front was wet.

I tried keeping the iphone in the same position until I get it cleaned since no holes are on the back side.

The iphone worked well untill I got a call 15 minutes ago, I noticed that the iPhone is stuck in headphones mode, I tried a few things, like cleaning the iphone jack (with a coton dipped with a little alcohol), using a hair dryer, and using a headphone connecting/disconnecting like 20 times but the iPhone is still in headphones mode :(

Any tips ?

Here is a link to the ifixit liquid repair guide. Please remove the battery now to prevent further damage. Good luck.

Repairing iPhone Liquid Damage

http://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPhone_4

Mentioned Items

iPhone Image

Guide

Repairing iPhone Liquid Damage

by pollytintop Difficulty: Difficultone or two hours

eMxyzptlk will be eternally grateful.