The Asus 1015E-DS03 laptop is 10.1 inches and weighs 2.6 lbs. It comes with a 1.1 GHz Intel Celeron Processor, 2 GB of RAM, 320 GB of storage, Linux-Ubuntu OS, HD webcam, and an estimated battery life of 7.5 hours.

Suggest Me Some Secondary Monitors For Video Editing

Hello Everyone, I own One Youtube Channel and For that I need one secondary monitor where I can see other stuff like superchat, usercomments, Likes, dislikes etc.

I am thinking of purchasing one secondary vertical monitor for that. Is it good?

I have a budget of 200$, But, it might increase in some cases.

What is your budget?

Your Budget? If you have decent budget then I can recommend some good monitors.

For programming, I recommended you to go with  BenQ PD2700Q 27 Inches Monitor. It is ideal vertical monitor which has good refresh rate and response rate. Also, if you need more suggestions on vertical monitors then you can refer to this article. Cheers!

Thanks, I will refer to that, Thanks alot.

Unless you increase your budget, you’re going to be limited to 1080/1200p.

Generally speaking, I like the LG and Samsung IPS panels*. As such, I usually recommend the BenQ professional monitors (or at least ones with high grade IPS), Samsung IPS series and the Dell Ultrasharp series. On the lower end, the PROART is quite good too. If you can swing it, look for an HP Z DreamColor display (and get a DP>HDMI adapter if needed, as HP loves to use DP on their commercial products), while some also have a USB-C option - not cheap though!!!

*Samsung no longer makes traditional TFT LCD panels, but they’re still making IPS QLED panels.

As far as the two that are noteworthy of a direct mention, here’s my 2 I like the most:

• Dell: Ultrashrp U2412M (No cal sheet)
  • Asus: PROART P2412M (1200p) (Cal sheet included)
  • HP: No specific recommendation other then HP Z DreamColor. All DreamColor displays come with a cal sheet.

The benefit with the PROART series is Asus includes a calibration sheet in the box, and calibrates it to be highly color accurate for color critical work. However, I would recommend at least going over it with a X-RITE calibrator if you need either to be dead on, but both Dell and ASUS are usually very close to perfect most of the time. Yes, even the ASUS.

While I have used Dell monitors in the past with IPS, they’re not cheap! They usually use LG, but some of them do use Samsung panels. Usually the LG panels have all-around better performance (including the panel bit rate; usually Samsung is 8-bit and LG is 10-bit, or LG simply has better 8-bit IPS than Samsung).

Hear me out on the 1200p preference here, especially with how cheap and ubiquitous TN/entry level IPS 1080p monitors are - the difference between 1200p and 1080p is 120 pixels and 16:9 being easier to find, especially since 1080p is popular among mainstream buyers. It’s not great for productivity and production work compared to 1200p, but the issue is you have the few vs. the majority - price sensitive consumers. You will get black bars (60 pixels top and bottom), but this is unavoidable with 16:10, even at 2560x1600. Since it seems like you’ll be using it for video editing as well as things like superchats, look for a quality IPS monitor. TN monitors will work for editing, but the color accuracy is not there.

I’m also not a fan of the budget TN monitors primarily because they all seem to use cheap CrapXon capacitors a lot, which are known to fail in 3-4 years almost without fail, while a quality IPS display will almost always use good quality capacitors (Nippon Chemi-con or similar quality Japanese caps). It isn’t hard to fix them when they fail, but it requires a lot of time and a soldering iron. Power brick designs aren’t as bad since the common budget monitor fail is external, but the internal caps can (and do) fail - just not as often, but at least the common failure is put OUTSIDE so it’s not as bad when it happens. A good quality internal power supply with good caps like Nippon Chemi-con is more likely to have other issues before the caps fail, but it can still happen - especially on used ones from the capacitor plague.

Thanks, I will do that later.

Asus VG248QE monitor might be a good choice for you. It cost around 200 US dollars and also comes with various Gaming Oriented features. So you must check it out.

@jefferjames87 Yes, thanks

BenQ PD2700Q 27 Inches Monitor is a good option in 2021. Must check it if it’s under your budget.

if you are a professional designer get the BenQ PD3220U good for CAD and other 3D modelling stuff. They are Hardware calibrated and have better Adobe RGB support.

adjessica will be eternally grateful.