Whirlpool WRS555SIHZ00 not making ice
I have a Whirlpool Side-by-Side (exact model in Title) and the ice maker stopped working but the water pressure appears to be adequate. I have tried a couple things already…
1) checked the on/off switch (it was on, still not working)
2) checked water pressure - appears to be okay
3) filter was changed about 1 month and half ago
4) took out the ice that was in the tray (no blockages that would be causing it not to drop ice in the bin)
5) took the bin and ice maker out completely and checked for any frozen components (none found)
6) minimal ice build up on water tube that dispenses into the maker (cleared out)
7) removed water filter (recommended elsewhere to see if the filter was clogged, not sure if this will help or not)
That is pretty much all I have been able to do so far. I do not hear any noises or anything coming from the maker at all. I don't want to condemn the ice maker yet, especially if it may be something else. Any ideas?
Is this a good question?