Parts & Tools

Released September 22, 2017. Model A1864, A1897. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

Got my screen replaced and now the colors are all messed up?

Hello!!

I recently broke my phone screen and got it replaced (not at Apple). The colors of my phone are all messed up now. The contrast + saturation of my screen is really high, and all my pictures look really ugly and distorted now. I tried fixing it in settings in color filters, but it didn’t work; the contrast and saturation are too high. Also my increase contrast is off. What do I do??

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

I’m not one to usually assume things, but I have seen this way too many times and it’s usually caused by the person who completed this repair. Most cases are the person installed a really cheap aftermarket screen and those usually tend to have issues with contrast and saturation. This person also may have skipped this important step when repairing this specific phone found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMeAnY_j...

Programming the screen is needed for the light sensor and true tone functionality to work and so many people/repair businesses fail to do so. Do you see any text that says “True Tone” found in settings < display and brightness?

Jojo A will be eternally grateful.