2.0GHz, 2.3GHz, or 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.

820-3662 PPDCIN_G3H and PPBUS_G3H short to ground

Hi, I have a macbook pro 2013 with a short to ground on PPDCIN_G3H and other rails it share (PPDCIN_G3H_INRUSH, CHGR_PHASE etc.)

I tried to replace ISL6259, but no change. Then I tried to inject voltage to PPDCIN_G3H_CHRG. It draws 3 A at 0.2 V and Q7130 is slightly warm, but when I inject voltage on the other side - CHGR_PHASE, nothing gets really hot. So I guess the problem is on that side of FET. Fuses F7140 and F7141 are good, so PPBUS_G3H is also shorted

Any ideas what i should do? Thanks

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

I think you’ll find Louis Rossmann’s vids more helpful, as there is a process you need to follow which he does quite well and explains it! Late 2013 15" MacBook Pro vids

Yes I know his videos. Problem was Q7130 and Q7135. They didn't get hot or anything, but I was desperate and removed them. Boom, now I get at least some voltage rails. I'll have to wait for new parts, but I hope this will fix it

Adam Grufík will be eternally grateful.