iPod Classic

Model A1238 / 80, 120, or 160 GB hard drive / black or silver metal front

White screen on iPod

Does the fact that the iPod is detected by iTunes indicates that the mainboard is fine ?

I have the same problem and I think my iPod has taken too much heat this summer ... but no liquid that I know of ..

So I plan to try to change the LCD screen but I would'nt like to buy an LCD screen if in fact it's the motherboard -- especially because it's out of stock.

So, since my iPod is recognized by windows and iTunes the question is: can I consider my iPod's motherboard fine ?

Eriam

Hey Hi, I received the display and replaced it and the ipod does not work better -- so could that be the logic board: I guess there's not many other options ... My problem is there is no logic board in stock -- what's the solution ? Thanks Eriam

by eriam

eriam, I do feel bad about having suggested that you get a new display. I am pretty surprised about that since I have not yet come across a working logic board with a bad video processor, but I guess anything is possible. Your device is listed as a iPod Classic, can you give me more info on your iPod so that I at least can help you find a new logic board. Sure you checked your connections etc.? ;-)

by oldturkey03

Hey, I checked the connections and it works :) The screen connection is especially delicate to put on imo. Thanks anyways -- the ipod works fine now. Eriam

by eriam

Yes it is and glad you got it working. Best of luck to you....

by oldturkey03

If your ipod sync properly and has no other issues, your logic board will be okay. I bet it's the heat that destroyed your screen. Relative easy and inexpensive fix.

I have the same problem - ipod synching but white screen - I checked connections, replaced the screen but the problem persists - any ideas? motherboard problem???

eriam will be eternally grateful.