iPhone Hard Reset Procedure
1. Press and hold the home button (the big circle with the square inside below the screen) and the sleep wake button (the button on top of the iPhone to the right) simultaneously.
2. Hold both buttons simultaneously for a few seconds, Ignore the “Slide to power off and keep holding them down until….
3. The iPhone should now shutdown automatically – (fade to black)
4. Turn the iPhone back on by hitting the sleep/wake button.
5. You should now see the Apple logo, your iPhone is restarting and thus booting up.
6. You have completed a hard reset successfully (in theory).
iPhone Soft Reset Procedure
To perform a soft reset, press and hold the iPhone’s Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for several seconds, or until you see the apple logo on the screen.
iPhone/Touch restore procedure
Hold down the circular button with the square below the screen WHILE plugging your iPhone or into your computer. You should get the iTunes icon with an arrow on the screen.