Model A1369, 1.6, 1.7, or 1.8 GHz Processor, 64, 128 or 256GB Flash Storage

274 Questions View all

MacBook Air 13" Replacement Bottom Pan

Hey all!

My brother just dropped my new MacBook Air and it has a massive bloody dent in the side of the bottom pan.

I don't know if this is the bottom pan, but it is the one that actually has the grooves for the keyboard and trackpad.

Any help would be appreciated!

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1
Add a comment
New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

3 Answers

Chosen Solution

I believe what you're saying is that the unibody case on the side of the MacBook Air is dented. I don't really know what you're talking about when you say "pan." I've never heard that before.

Unfortunately, if your MacBook Air is one of the latest (2011) models, and you want to replace the unibody case, it's not possible. The parts aren't available (yet), and even if they did become available, it would probably be within a few more years. Plus the case would be enormously expensive.

I just don't see a way around this. You should have your brother buy you a new MBA. Sorry! :|

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

As a work around - slap a cover over it, or a sticker or big bandaid... Have a talk with your brother about respecting others property. ''Get him to buy you a replacement and give him the damaged one as a reminder'

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

Bottom cover and unibody case assembly is available from Chinese suppliers. Actually not very expensive.

If you are replacing the unibody assembly. You should buy one with keyboard. It is very difficult to remove the keyboard without wrecking it, if possible at all

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

Add your answer

sebastienpeek will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 2,018