A tablet developed by HP in 2011 running the webOS platform. Boasts a 9.7" display, and is available in 16 or 32 GB. Repair is straightforward, but requires time and persistence.

Is my HP Touchpad Demo bricked or not?

I was using webOS doctor on a demo. In the process @ 12% it hung and finally after an hour I stopped the process and restarted with no success. Unplugged it from the computer. Left it on the charger overnight. Retried to get unit to come on with all of the button combinations. Several people have told me that unless it was a hardware issue you can't brick it in the process of doctoring. Can you tell me what I should do now?

Steve

Follow instructions here to fix this.

Edit: HP has additional information about how they will repair it for you.

If it does not boot, you may be in trouble, however, like Android rooting, you can possibly find a recovery to fix it, otherwise, you will need to replace the logicboard, there is limited recourse sometimes and you may be best waiting for the tablets to ship to the stores again and get a 32GB for 150$

studio will be eternally grateful.