Is the motherboard likely to be fried?
Tried to protect headphone jack and docking connection with wd40 while on a sailing trip. Probably sprayed too much.
First some apps froze. next day became worse. left turned off for a few days in a warm place. Then seemed to work fine except wifi greyed 'no wifi'
Then 2 days later it suddenly shut down and battery grew very hot and now not taking a charge or working at all.
So is it worth trying to clean any residues and replace battery and wifi or is it likely the motherboard is toast? Is there obvious signs to look for to know the motherboard has had it?
Thanks in advance,
PS apple care / store not an option.
Is this a good question?