The PlayStation 3 Slim is the second version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released September 1, 2009.

Jailbreak a ps3!

Hi guys , i am thinking of jailbreaking my PS3 ,would you advice me do that ? And is there any way i can play online if i did ? and can i return it to its original software after the jailbreaking ?thanks all!

If you're on firmware version 3.55 or below, then you can use Geohot's "Custom Firmware" (His Exploit) Which was released, and legal to use, or a variety of custom firmwares that other people made using his exploit. If you are on firmware 3.55, you can jailbreak your system by using This Guide . If you are on 3.50 or lower firmware, update to 3.55 Firmware then use the guide I showed earlier. If your PS3 is on 3.56 (Or Newer) firmware, it is not possible to jailbreak your PS3. Jailbroken PS3s cannot connect to PSN, but if you decide that you want to un-jailbreak it, you can use the built in "System Update" feature, which will update to the newest version, remove the jailbreak, and allow you to play online. However, once you update, there is no way to go back, and jailbreak again.

Yeah i have 3.52 , so i am going to update to 3.55 than jb . Thanks bro !

Hello i have a jailbreak ps3 I am wanting it undone so I can got online to play my friends and download music clips off YouTube I would like to know what is the price of it to be done

@aaronstanford92 this thread is from six years ago. I may not be correct, but somethin tells me this info is crazy outdated. Also, we (the volunteers) only solicit ifixits products and guides, or other reasonable items. There aren't any services for sale here

Most Helpful Answer

The only person with a known exploit for the PS3 was Geohot, and he eventually got sued by SONY and as part of his deal he was not to release this exploit. As a matter of fact, I think SONY has already patched Geohot's exploit. Don't know of any other exploits available.

+You are so smart...;-) and yes, it's patched

Yeah okay thanks man !

Bahij will be eternally grateful.