The Xbox 360 is the second game console made by Microsoft, and was released November 22, 2005.

disc drive sometimes isn't reconnized by the console

sometimes the disc drive isn't recognized by the console

you don't give much information for people to help you...

solomon, do you think there is any chance that you can give more information to your questions? I find it difficult to try to help you with any of your problems. You habitually do not give enough information and ignore the need for more information when people are trying to HELP YOU.

The Xbox 360 DVD drive is married to the console. If it doesn't work then either the board is dead and needs repair or it's the wrong board. If it's the wrong board the console will be console banned. Same if you run it with a dead board. It will see it as a modified console.

This is probably a fuse problem on the drive. I know because I had one years back. If it isn't the fuses you're screwed. What you need to do is get a multimeter and find the fuses. Put it in continuity mode and see if it says OPEN or SHRT on it. Some will even beep. If it says OPEN then you need to either jump these fuses(stupid idea) or replace them. If you want a quick and dirty repair I guess jumping them would work but as I said it's stupid in practice. This is just to test the DVD drive if you do it. If it works, get the fuses replaced.

Xbox 360 Optical Drive Replacement

cleaning the laser will NOT get the drive recognized. That only helps if the drive does not recognize a disk.

solomon will be eternally grateful.