Repair guides and information for the Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controllers.

Left Joy-Con dead, doesn't work attached to the switch or not

My Joy-Con has been dead for a while. It doesn’t even turn on, no lights flash on the side rail while on the Switch or off. I have opened up both controllers, and swapped the battery as the right Joy-Con still worked. Good battery doesn’t work. “Bad” battery found in dead JC works on good Joy-Con. Not a battery problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

OK so i have fixed a few dozen Joy-cons and to my Knowledge it is a slider rail problem in the slider rail it contains the charging port at the bottom of the joy-con when slid into the switch console. a replacement rail should be fairly easy to acquire through such sites as amazon / ebay / Aliexpress etc.

Thanks p_smith, I've just ordered some rails from Aliexpress

@p_smith I fixed mine, it was a motherboard issue

Hi!

I’m afraid it’s motherboard related. You could inspect the motherboard if you can find something which is the cause. Otherwise there is not much left to do… Maybe someone else here knows which component you need to replace on the motherboard it self (requires soldering most of the time).

Brady Cook will be eternally grateful.