Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

NFC Not Working After Rear Replacement

Hi All,

I have an ongoing issue with all iPhone models where NFC won’t work after replacing the rear case. In some cases, swapping out the NFC antenna works however not always.

When changing the antenna doesn’t work, is there something else I can do, a component on the case that can be added or replaced? Is it an insulation or grounding flaw with aftermarket cases? If so, can it be remedied?

On the devices in question, NFC has been tested and proven to be working before the swap and again when the board is transferred back to the original case.

I’m grateful for any help or suggestions, thanks in advance!

I decided to tear apart a case to see if there is anything in the fabric of how it is constructed…

[image|2007626]

[image|2007622]

The screw that grounds flat to the back of the rear seems really straight forward and doesn’t connect to the plastic antenna band. It also seems that the end that connects to the top edge also has no special make-up.

Still interested in hearing other people’s theories…

I guess it goes down as one of those unsolved mysteries…

after have you tried replacing the NFC IC chip?

LINK

No because if I put the board back in original case the NFC works, the issue is with the new cases rather than the board. Thank you :)

did you ( or are you able to) check the new case with a another iphone 7 if it is working

Yeah, I tried the case with different boards so its definitely isolated to the case.

I think it is a grounding flaw with aftermarket cases , not only problem with NFC but sometime also other issues.

Yeah, it seems that way to me. I did wonder if a slither of grounding tape could help the issue but thought it might cause more problems than it solves.

All Seeing Aye will be eternally grateful.