0

larry
1

Phone will not power on

I have an iphone 3g that will not power on. when i plug it in to AC power the Apple Logo appears for a fe wseconds and then goes off. someone told me that i might need to replace a green jumper on the logic board, i have searched an have not found anything referencing this online. Also where can i get schematics for the iPhones.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Edited by: osvaldo, rj713, mayer, Richdave, and Phillip Takahashi ( )

thank you, i will start there and hope that is all it needs.

larry,

I'd go with what oldturkey says before looking in to green jumpers..what you have written sounds just like a bad battery. As oldturkey says it's near the end of it's life, replace that and see what happens.

pollytintop,

I have replaced the battery and it is still doing the same thing. Apple icon will appear then disappear.

larry,

larry, here is the schematic http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3112813/... Have you tried to restore your phone? Have you tried DFU yet?

4

larry, I would think just by the brief description that you need a new battery. It is possible that your battery is at the end of its lifespan and does not hold a charge. Start there and reevaluate.

UPDATE

check your fuses as well

iPhone 3G Replacement Battery

iPhone 3G Battery Replacement

iPhone 3G Replacement Battery

Replacement battery for iPhone 3G. Compatible with all iPhone 3G models. Does not require soldering. — 2 available at 14.95 each.

larry,

first I'd try checking all your connections to the battery and the output of your battery..it needs to be 3.7mAh on a full battery and over ?2.6mAh to take a charge. try a restore in itunes and see what error code you get...let us know. also try iReb or tinyumbrella to get out of boot loop. this may have nothing to do with any fuses..if you installed a new fully charged battery then the phone should have worked until the battery went dead. This may be a problem with your power ic.

pollytintop,