The MacBook family was first introduced in May 2006 and replaced the iBook as Apple's consumer laptop.

Why my MacBook Air can not turn on?

last night I was downloading a movie from internet and it was too late so I slept and my MacBook Air was downloading that movie it was turn on without plug into the wall. I slept for 7 or 8 hour and when I wake up in the morning I wanted to check about movie was downloading or not but I saw my desktop was dark and similar turn off . I thought maybe it doesn't have charg so I pluged it into the wall and I was waiting for full charg . it charged and when I pushed power it didn't work and it could not turn on. it can not turn on . desktop is dark and I don't know what happened to it . I think maybe the battery is over . but I am not sure what is the problem exactly. please help me . thank you . all of these description are about one day.

Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, and then try powering it back on. Sometimes Apple laptops with near-dead batteries will get stuck in a sleep state, and it's necessary to kill the power.

If that doesn't work, unscrew and take off the bottom casing, disconnect the battery, and see if your machine powers on with the battery disconnected. If it does, power off and reconnect the battery and power the machine on. You're most likely fine. If it doesn't, you've got bigger issues.

Much better answer than mine +

The Air should start with a dead battery on wall-plug power alone. You could try to disconnect the battery and try it with just the charger, Hope it helps.

My MacBook Air "Core i5" 1.4 13" (Early 2014) A1466 also completely dead. It charges but it will not turn on. I have tried resetting SMC, other resets as well it's just dead completely! I think my devices were on charge and same thing happened to my iphone 5 as well. Could be some spike in the electricity or something. I'm not worried about my iphone I need to bring back my Air to life. Any ideas people?

shohreh will be eternally grateful.